Sunday, March 19, 2006

Much better.



Reknitted, with the correct number of decreases, the hat came out flat on top. I love the way it fits. From the front, all you can see is the band --- I'd show more pictures but blogger is not cooperating. This is the first picture I've been able to upload in days, and now I can't seem to add any more -- very annoying.

Lark Books sent me a set of corrected charts for the book (Anna Zilboorg's 45 Fine & Fanciful Hats to Knit). They came in just a few days; if I had waited for them I would have realized that there was an error in the chart for the band, as well. There are 24 corrected charts -- almost everything that looked odd to me in the book turns out to be a mistake. All but two of the corrections are for missing increases or decreases. If you have a copy of the book, you can request corrected charts from Lark .

I'd make another hat from this book right away, but I just got Folk Hats and I am in love. My only problem is deciding which one to make first. 2006 might be the Year of the Hat at my house.

1 comment:

Lene said...

That hat is simply beautiful!

I have had some problems with picture posting too... Hope these problems get solved soon.